Game Recap: Winnipeg Jets vs. Vegas Golden Knights
The “stand pat” Winnipeg Jets are back, winning games and ruining the Team Tank vibe. In this edition of “Winnipeg’s Local Sports Team Beheads a Boring Chivalrous Knight,” the Jets actually didn’t play spectacular hockey. On the contrary, the performances of the Golden Knights guards completely sank them before the game really started. Winnipeg welcomed back former Jet Laurent Brossoit with 4 goals against and a draw before scoring another handful behind Logan Thompson. Vegas tried to mount a comeback but failed, leaving the Jets tantalizingly close to a playoff wildcard spot…
- For the love of Gord Jets, don’t become buyers.
- Hellebuyck still looks a bit average for his usual standards, and that won’t do the Jets any favors in a playoff run.
- Wheeler scored a sick goal and also made a small scathing remark towards the fanbase between periods. The Bronx’s endorsement didn’t go unnoticed on the Jets’ social media accounts.
- Kyle Connor could honestly have a good chance of making the top 3 for the Richard. What a season for the American striker.
- Ehlers continues to do Ehlers things and added another goal to his tally for the season. It’s great to have the dynamic Dane back in the fold.
- Scheifele continues to accumulate points quietly. If the Jets were to offer him on the market during the summer, one would have to think that the list of suitors would be crossed.
- Adam Lowry can now score breakaways for whatever reason. Who knew! The fact that the Jets PK are becoming one of Winnipeg’s most dangerous offensive units is pure comedy, but I’ll take it…I think.