CFSB center ready for 2021-22 racing basketball season – Racer Mania is Thursday
Men’s basketball | 10/26/2021 15:00:00
Murray State’s men’s and women’s basketball seasons kick off with Racer Mania on Thursday presented by Murray Bank at the CFSB Center in Murray, Ky.
The free entry event is a first annual look at the two MSU teams. The arena doors open at 6 pm and the show begins at 6:30 pm Children are encouraged to attend in their Halloween costumes where they can enter Door B of the arena and receive candy from many. Racer student-athletes representing their sport and wearing their playing uniforms.
Racer Mania features introductions from both teams, 3-point and dunk contests, and a scrum. Fans will enjoy performances by Murray State’s spiritual groups and mascot Dunker, as well as other interactions between the teams. Due to Covid protocols, there will be no in-person autograph session this year. However, a signed schedule poster will be available for the first 1,000 fans when they enter the arena.
Children 12 and under have the chance to join the Taylor Family Dental Junior Racer Kids Club during Racer Mania. Membership is $ 10 per child. If you have already registered, t-shirts and membership cards can be picked up.
2021-22 Basketball Season Game Days Notes
- Murray State University plans to operate games at the CFSB Center at full capacity this season.
- Currently, masks are mandatory inside all buildings on the Murray State University campus, including the CFSB Center.
- Murray State University will continue to closely monitor the latest health and safety guidelines from the Commonwealth of Kentucky and the Calloway County Department of Health.
- Regardless of immunization status, all guests, staff and vendors will be required to wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth during their stay at the CFSB Center.
- Fans will not be required to show proof of vaccination to enter.
- Children two and under will not be required to wear a mask.
- The Racer Club meal ($ 12 per person) in the Murray Room opens 90 minutes before the start of all men’s games for members who are at the Stallion level ($ 700) and above.
- The Pockets Halftime Hospitality service opens to Racer Club members at the Thoroughbred level ($ 1,500) and above in the Upper-D concessions area of ââthe arena, starting with five minutes remaining in the first half and ending with 15 minutes remaining in the second half.
- Murray State Athletics is proud to partner with Txt Commander for anonymous, real-time text communication during events.
- Fans can text MSUAD operations staff at any time; before, during or after a match, to report any incident, installation problem, emergency on the site or feedback on their experience. Text 270-809-3369 to interact with Racer staff.
- Fans are requested to enter the CFSB Center through one of the three doors: Upper-A, Upper-B and Upper-C.
- The Lower-A entrance (ticket hall) will be used for ticket purchases.
- Will Call will be located inside the Upper-A hall.
- Matchday drop-in tickets can be purchased at the Lower-A and Upper-B entrances.
- Field level entry will not be permitted from Lower-A.
- Access to the floor will be limited to accredited personnel only.
The 2021-22 season kicks off (November 1) when the women’s team Racer welcomes Trevecca Nazarene at 5 p.m. and the men’s team faces Brescia at 7 p.m. The 55th Racer Women’s Basketball season begins (November 9) at home against Asbury in an early tip at 11 a.m. The men’s team begin their 97th season at home the same day at 7 p.m. against Cumberland. The Ohio Valley Conference game arrives (Dec. 30) when the Racers host Southeast Missouri in a doubles program at the CFSB Center. The season will be OVC’s 74th for men’s basketball and the 45th for OVC’s women’s basketball.
Mini-ticket packages available
Fans can purchase season tickets and Navy & Gold Mini ticket plans at Racer Mania. Mini Plans are a great way for Racer Nation to enjoy Murray State games with general admission tickets. Each mini plan costs $ 50 for a five-game general admission ticket. All games offered in the ticket plans are doubles, with the exception of the men’s free-standing game against Middle Tennessee (December 4). Call the box office at (270) 809-3000 to purchase a package.
MARINE TICKET PLAN
Dec 4 2021 Sat Average Tennessee
Dec. 30 2021 Southeast Missouri (DH)
January 22, 2022 Sat UT Martin (DH)
Jan 29, 2022 Sat Morehead State (DH)
February 17, 2022 Austin Peay (DH)
Dec 18 2021 Sat Chattanooga (WBB vs. Lipscomb)
Jan 1, 2022 Sat Tennessee Technology (DH)
January 20, 2022 Eastern Illinois (DH)
February 5, 2022 Sat SIUE (DH)
February 24, 2022 Belmont (DH)
Running Basketball Legacy Fund
The new fundraising initiative invites Racer supporters to make a lasting impact on Murray State’s men’s and women’s basketball programs. Those interested in finding out more about how you can support the Racer Basketball Legacy Fund initiative can contact the Director of Athletics Development, Taylor mudd at (270) 809-3517 or [email protected] for more information.